Bolt-On Latch Deadlock Installation Video
Bolt-On Latch Deadlock at a Glance
Professional and stylish gatelock which holds the gate shut. Turn the key to extend the latchbolt 1 1/8″ (30mm) into the gate post for maximum security.
– To fit 1 1/2″-2 1/4″ (40-60mm) gate frames.
– Stainless steel latchbolt which springs 1/2″ (13mm) into the gate post and then moves to 1 1/8″ (30mm) when the key is turned to deadlock the lock.
– Latchbolt is adjustable in length for precise fitting on site.
– Keyed both sides for easy access.
– Easy-to-rotate latchbolt for LH/RH gates. Available in two sizes: SBLD1601 for 1/2″-1 1/4″ (10-30mm) flat bar or box section gate frames and SBLD1602 for 1 1/2″-2 1/4″ (40-60mm) frames.
– Supplied with black lever handle set.
– Supplied with bolt guide plate and gate post strike plate. The brass bearing plate locates the latchbolt precisely and guarantees a very smooth gate closing action.
SBLD1601 – 1/2″-1 1/4″ (10-30mm) gate frames.
SBLD1602 – 1 1/2″-2 1/4″ (40-60mm) gate frames.
1. Drill 2 x 3/8″ dia. holes at 3 5/8″ center for M8 fixing bolts.
2. Drill 3/4″ clearance hole for latchbolt at 7/8″ center down from the top 3/8″ hole.
3. Fix lock in place using stainless steel clamp plate. Bolt support plate and 2 stainless steel countersunk fixing bolts supplied.
4. Drill clearance hole in keep or outer frame to receive the latchbolt. Slot this hole vertically to allow for gate sag.
5. Ensure latchbolt moves freely without binding on gate or frame.
Every 2 months – Lubricate latchbolt with light oil.
Annually – Dismantle lock and spray mechanism inside with light oil.
Download the Bolt-On Latch Deadlock Spec Sheet here.