Bolt-On Latch Deadlock Installation Video
Bolt-On Latch Deadlock at a Glance
Use code gatemaster15 at checkout for 15% off.
Professional and stylish gatelock which holds the gate shut. Turn the key to extend the latchbolt 1 1/8″ (30mm) into the gate post for maximum security.
- To fit 1 1/2″-2 1/4″ (40-60mm) gate frames.
- Stainless steel latchbolt which springs 1/2″ (13mm) into the gate post and then moves to 1 1/8″ (30mm) when the key is turned to deadlock the lock.
- Latchbolt is adjustable in length for precise fitting on site.
- Keyed both sides for easy access.
- Easy-to-rotate latchbolt for LH/RH gates. Available in two sizes: SBLD1601 for 1/2″-1 1/4″ (10-30mm) flat bar or box section gate frames and SBLD1602 for 1 1/2″-2 1/4″ (40-60mm) frames.
- Supplied with black lever handle set.
- Supplied with bolt guide plate and gate post strike plate. The brass bearing plate locates the latchbolt precisely and guarantees a very smooth gate closing action.
SBLD1601 – 1/2″-1 1/4″ (10-30mm) gate frames.
SBLD1602 – 1 1/2″-2 1/4″ (40-60mm) gate frames.
- Drill 2 x 3/8″ dia. holes at 3 5/8″ center for M8 fixing bolts.
- Drill 3/4″ clearance hole for latchbolt at 7/8″ center down from the top 3/8″ hole.
- Fix lock in place using stainless steel clamp plate. Bolt support plate and 2 stainless steel countersunk fixing bolts supplied.
- Drill clearance hole in keep or outer frame to receive the latchbolt. Slot this hole vertically to allow for gate sag.
- Ensure latchbolt moves freely without binding on gate or frame.
Every 2 months – Lubricate latchbolt with light oil.
Annually – Dismantle lock and spray mechanism inside with light oil.