To take advantage of our 15% off sale, enter coupon code gatemaster15 at checkout
This bolt-on latch deadlock has both the convenience of a latch and the security of a deadlock. For day-to-day use, the handles operate the latch and this latch can then be deadlocked by turning the key.
- To fit 1/2″-1 1/4″ (10-30mm) gate frames.
- Can be slammed shut and deadlocked for extra security; stainless steel latchbolt latches 5/8″ (15mm) into gate post and moves to 1 1/4″ (30mm) when deadlocked.
- Lockcase is only 2 3/4″ (70mm) wide – slimmest bolt-on lock in the market; adaptable lock design suits a variety of gate styles.
- Easy to fit and use wtih adjustable and removable bolts to ensure easy fitting to gates.
- Supplied with black lever handles; universally handed – simply twist the latch and tighten the screw.
- Full removable latchbolt for installation; latchbolt is adjustable in length for precise fitting on site and can be rotated for left or right-handed gates.
- Supplied with bolt support plate and gate post strike plate; guide plate with brass bearing ensures durability.
- No counterbore holes required – simply bolt straight through the box section, meaning no chance of losing fixing screws in the gate.
- Use with the Superlock Secure Keep to increase security and product life.
BLD1030S – 1/2″-1 1/4″ (10-30mm) gate frames.
BLD4060S – 1 1/2″-2 1/4″ (40-60mm) gate frames.
- Drill 2 x 3/8″ (9mm) holes at 5 1/2″ (140mm) centers for fixing bolts provided.
- Drill a second 3/4″ (18mm) clearance hole for latchbolt at 2 3/8″ (60mm) centers up from the bottom fixing hole.
- Hold the lock against the back of the box section and screw the latchbolt through the bottom 3/4″ (18mm) hole.
- Lock the latchbolt and deadbolt with the hex key supplied by inserting the hex key into the end of the latchbolt and deadbolt.
- Fix lock in place using the stainless steel bolt support plate and the countersunk screws provided. Ensure the latchbolt and deadbolt move freely.
- Fix strike plate by either welding or screw fixing onto the gate post.
Every 6 months – Lubricate latchbolt and deadbolt with light oil.
Annually – Dismantle lock and spray mechanism inside with light oil.
Download the Bolt-On Latch Deadlock Spec Sheet here.