WARNING: KWIXSET has very strong expansion properties, which generate the high tensile loads that can be achieved. Therefore, we do NOT recommend its use in hollow bricks, concrete blocks, limestone, or granite. Always leave at least 4″ from the edge of the concrete to the hole.
Easy-to-apply KWIXSET has hundreds of practical uses in home and industry. Mixed to a workable mortar-like consistency, KWIXSET sets up in 15 to 20 minutes and hardens to stone strength in an hour. An expanding element in KWIXSET offsets drying shrinkage often found in similar products and causes it to grip embedded items and surrounding material with bulldog tenacity.
KWIXSET quickly and firmly embeds objects such as handrails, bolts, brackets, or fixtures in concrete, brick, stone, tile, plaster, and terrazzo. Bond is strong and durable and defies severe strain, stress, and vibration.
KWIXSET makes quick work of repairing holes and cracks in walls, ceilings, and interior floors. A patch or plug of KWIXSET locks itself into place by expanding within the void and will not crack or let go when subject to normal heat or pressure. KWIXSET should be placed at above freezing temperatures. Tests show successful placements are made at temperatures above 40°F (4.444°C).
KWIXSET meets every need from DIY projects to the stern realities of plant maintenance. Mixing KWIXSET is an easy job for the most inexperienced person. Simply add water until you get the proper consistency for the job at hand.
Use KWIXSET for Setting:
- Anchor Bolts
- Awning Brackets
- Electrical Fixtures
- Plumbing Fixtures
- Machine Bases
- Conveyor Structures
- Steel Door Frames
- Porch Railings
- Grab Bars
- Sign Brackets
- Automatic Washers
- Cellar Posts
- Clothesline Hooks
Use KWIXSET for Repairing:
- Cracked Walls
- Holes in Floors
- Damaged Terrazzo
- Settlement Cracks
- Plumbing Openings
Directions – How to Mix the Cement:
- Pour enough KWIXSET for the job at hand into a clean container.
- Do NOT mix more than can be applied in 10 minutes.
- Setting time may vary depending on the temperature.
- Gradually add water until the desired consistency is reached.
Fluid (Pouring) Consistency:
For pouring, requires about 4 oz. of water per lb. of KWIXSET. Stir the mix as water is added. Final consistency should be a thick paste similar to pancake batter. If too watery, add more KWIXSET.
For troweling, requires about 3 1/2 oz. pf water per lb. of KWIXSET. Work the mix to putty-like firmness, kneading it with hands, if necessary. If too fluid, add KWIXSET sparingly.
Anchoring Embedded Items in Concrete, Brick, Stone, Tile, or Terrazzo:
- Drill hole.
- Blow out dust and cuttings.
- Fill hole with water and scrub interior surfaces.
- Wipe out excess water, leaving hole damp.
- In floors, position embedded item in hole and pour fluid KWIXSET around it.
- In walls or ceiling, fill hole with plastic KWIXSET and press or tamp embedded item into position. If KWIXSET is too fluid and sags, let it stand a few minutes, then smooth with trowel or putty knife.
- Support embedded items until KWIXSET has set – approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Do NOT put strain on embedded items for an hour!
Patching Cracks and Holes in Concrete, Brick, Stone, Tile, or Terrazzo:
- Remove loose and fractured material in and around void to be patched.
- Chisel edges of void so that no part of KWIXSET patch is less than 1/2″ deep. Feather edges should be avoided.
- Blow chips and dirt out of void. Remove any grease with caustic solution and scrape, if necessary, to provide clean interior surfaces.
- Keep void and surrounding area damp, but avoid water accumulation.
- Place a small amount of KWIXSET in void and scrub it into interior surfaces to ensure bond.
- For floors, fill void with fluid consistency KWIXSET.
- For walls and ceilings, fill void with plastic consistency KWIXSET.
- After about 10 minutes, smooth with trowel.
- After about 30 minutes, sprinkle patch with water, then light traffic may traverse floor patches. After 1 hour, resume normal traffic.
- For large patching jobs, sand and aggregate may be added per specifications.
For KWIXSET specifications, download here.