The Superlatch digital latch lock is a convenient solution for timber and metal gates. With no power needed, simply drill 3 holes and install the latching mechanism on the inside of the gate, then fit the 14-digit keypad on the outside with the fixings supplied. (Strike plate included.)
- No power needed – Mechanical keypad lock.
- Corrosion-resistant – Marine grade keypad and powder coated stainless steel latch.
- Built to accommodate the swelling of wooden gates during the wet season.
- Reversible handing – Can be used on left or right hand gates.
- Auto-latching – Close the gate and the latch catches onto the strike plate. To open the gate – from outside, enter the code and turn the handle; from inside, simply twist the latch.
- A great alternative to a standard digital lock with tubular latch.
- Drill 2 x 5mm diameter holes at 130mm centres in a vertical line 50mm from the edge of the gate.
- Drill a 3rd hole 12mm diameter, 18mm up from the bottom hole.
- Fix the outside keypad using 2 x M5 countersunk screws.
- Insert the rectangular spindle though the gate and fully into the keypad. Cut the spindle so it projects 13mm from the inside face of the gate.
- Locate the Superlatch backing plate, latch plate and shroud over the spindle and fix with 4 screws.
- Fix the keep plate to the gate post so it engages with the latch.
General: Lubricate with light oil periodically.
Every 6 months:
- Remove keypad from the gate.
- Spray the inside of the lock thoroughly with WD40 or equivalent through the tumbler holes at the back of the lock.
- Spray all the fixing accessories and the latch with WD40 or equivalent.
- Push each of the buttons and rotate the knob several times to make sure that the lock is working smoothly.