- Closes large and small gates up to 125 lbs. easily and gently.
- Hydraulic/Nitrogen Gas controlled closing speed.
- Installs on side, top, middle, or bottom of right or left hand gates.
- Mounts on opening side of gate, pushing the gate closed.
- Maximum opening angle of 100° (We recommend the use of a mechanical stop to restrict opening angle).
- Mounting brackets and fitting bar included.
- It is not compatible with gates less than 30″ wide.
- Black powder coated steel.
Minimum and Maximum Operating Temperature:
- Minimum: 15° Fahrenheit (-9.5° Celsius).
- Maximum: 100° Fahrenheit (37.8° Celsius).
Operation of the closer in temperatures below or above the minimum and maximum Operating Temperatures may result in improper operation or complete failure of the closer.
Opening Force Chart:
|Gate Closer||36″ Gate||48″ Gate||60″ Gate||Constant Closing Pressure|
|ADDED OPENING FORCE:|
|No Closer||3/4 lbs.||1/2 lbs.||1/4 lbs.||0|
|TB400||10 lbs.||8 lbs.||6 lbs.||90 lbs.|
|ADDED FORCE AT 45° OPEN:|
|TB400||13 lbs.||9.5 lbs.||8 lbs.|
NOTE: All measurements are taken using the 1st mounting hole on the post bracket with a 3″ distance between the center of the hinge and the center of the post mounting bracket. The opening pressure will INCREASE using the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th holes. These are “ADDED” opening pressures. This chart DOES NOT take into consideration the hinge arrangements, quality of hinges, ease of operation, wind, etc.
|Max. Gate Weight||75-175 lbs.|
|Max. Gate Width||40″-64″|
|Max. Opening Angle||100°|
|Type of Gate Material||Vinyl, Steel, Wood|
|Closing/Latch Method||Hydraulic/Nitrogen Gas|
|Hinge Arrangements||In-line or Offset|
|Opening Pressure||Approx. 6-12 lbs.|